August 21, 2012

First Day Activities


Making a Difference

The fourth graders found a message in a bottle today. Here is the message.

Dear Fourth Graders,

You don’t know me, but you might have read about me! Your teacher put a poem about me up in your classroom. I am the child from the poem about the starfish. I hope that the elderly man I met on the beach now knows that kids like us can make a difference to those around us and all over the world! Maybe you can remember a time when someone helped you or even a time when you have helped someone else! This year in fourth grade I challenge you to make a difference to your school and community, while learning and having fun!

Thanks for reading my poem and I hope you have a wonderful fourth grade year!


We took some time and did some writing about who we have helped in the past and people who have helped us. We are going to do the same activity at the end of the year and see if our list of people we have helped has grown throughout the year.

Math Activities
Math today involved working in partner groups to explore our forth grade Math reference books. I was quite impressed with how well they worked in groups. way to go, fourth graders!!











0 comments:

Post a Comment